DONNSTEIN INSTANT PATCHMIX 25KG/BAG also known as cold mix asphalt, is a very cost saving type of environmentally friendly cold mix asphalt for road repair works.
DONNSTEIN INSTANT PATCHMIX /COLD PREMIX ASPHALT IS EFFECTIVE FOR:
Emergency patching or repair of broken road surface or potholes.
Paving for village roads,hill roads & roads in isolated areas.
Restoring excavated road surfaces after laying of underground utilities.
Paving for parking areas, driveways, footpaths, sidewalks and others.
OUTSTANDING FEATURES OF DONNSTEIN INSTANT PATCHMIX:
Easy to handle - packed in 25kg bag, easy to carry around anywhere & anytime.
Easy to store - DONNSTEIN INSTANT PATCHMIX sealed tightly can be stored for about 12 months.
Easy to apply - No mixing, no heating, just spread and compact (DIY).
ENVIRONMENTAL BENEFITS OF DONNSTEIN PATCHMIX:
Substituting non-renewable resources with approved waste products.
Increases the service life of existing products.
Cold mixing in factory, no heating required.
SPECIFICATION FOR DONNSTEIN INSTANT PATCHMIX:
1. Size and Grading: Open graded 6,7mm nominal size.
2. Bitumen Content: 4.5% - 7.0%
3. Colour: Black
INSTRUCTION FOR USE OF DONNSTEIN INSTANT PATCHMIX:
1. Remove failed pavement and trim the edges. Remove all the loose debris, dust and stagnant water.
2. Apply some bituminous tack coat for better bonding (recommended but not necessary).
3. In case of excessive storage period, make the DONNSTEIN INSTANT PATCHMIX loose before use.
4. Lay the DONNSTEIN INSTANT PATCHMIX/COLD MIX ASPHALT
5. Compact the evenly laid DONNSTEIN INSTANT PATCHMIX/COLD MIX ASPHALT with hand tamping (spade or hoe) or with a plate compactor or roller compactor (recommended).
6. The area is ready to open for traffic immediately after compaction
Donnstein Instant Patchmix/Cold mix asphalt/Cold tar mix
Manufactured in South Africa. A specially formulated binder containing superior additives and anti-stripping agents mixed with specially graded high performance granite aggregates. The chemically advanced binder has properties that allow the mix to be used cold whilst allowing effective compaction, resulting in technical strength properties comparable to normal hot asphalt mixes